CONTACTS AND WEBSITE PRIVACY NOTICE
Our website is not intended for children and we do not knowingly collect data relating to children.
Full name of legal entity: Material UK (Scotland) Limited
Email address: firstname.lastname@example.org
Postal address: 3rd Floor, 20 South Frederick Street, Glasgow, Scotland, G1 1HJ
Telephone number: 0141 204 7970
You have the right to make a complaint at any time to the Information Commissioner’s Office (ICO), the UK supervisory authority for data protection issues (www.ico.org.uk). We would, however, appreciate the chance to deal with your concerns before you approach the ICO so please contact us in the first instance.
It is important that the personal data we hold about you is accurate and current. Please keep us informed if your personal data changes during your relationship with us.
Personal data, or personal information, means any information about an individual from which that person can be identified. It does not include data where the identity has been removed (anonymous data)nor does it include information about organisations or corporate bodies.
We may collect, use, store and transfer different kinds of personal data about you which we have grouped together as follows:
- Identity Dataincludes first name, last name, username or similar identifier.
- Contact Dataincludes billing address, delivery address, email address and telephone numbers.
- Technical Dataincludes internet protocol (IP) address, your login data, browser type and version, time zone setting and location, browser plug-in types and versions, operating system and platform, and other technology on the devices you use to access this website.
- Usage Dataincludes information about how you use our website, products and services on your own behalf or on behalf of your company or organisation and includes information about your service preferences and survey responses.
- Marketing and Communications Dataincludes your preferences in receiving marketing from us and your communication preferences.
We do not usually collect any Special Categories of Personal Dataabout you (this includes details about your race or ethnicity, religious or philosophical beliefs, sex life, sexual orientation, political opinions, trade union membership, information about your health, and genetic and biometric data). Nor do we generally collect any information about criminal convictions and offences. In order to facilitate our contact with you we may process your health data where you have made this public (for example, to enable your access to our premises if you have mobility requirements).
If you fail to provide personal data
Where we need to collect personal data by law, or under the terms of a contract we have with you, and you fail to provide that data when requested, we may not be able to perform the contract we have or are trying to enter into with you (for example, to provide you with goods or services). In this case, we may have to cancel a product or service you have with us but we will notify you if this is the case at the time.
We use different methods to collect data from and about you including through:
- Direct interactions.You may give us your Identity, Contact and Financial Data by filling in forms or by corresponding with us by post, phone, e-mail or otherwise. This includes personal data you provide when you:
- contact us about for our services;
- contact us on our website;
- purchase or order our services;
- create an account with us or otherwise subscribe to our service or publications;
- request marketing or other communications to be sent to you;
- provide us with an invoice or contact details; or
- give us feedback or contact us.
- Automated technologies or interactions.As you interact with our website, we will automatically collect Technical Data about your equipment, browsing actions and patterns. We collect this personal data by using cookies [server logs] and other similar technologies. [We may also receive Technical Data about you if you visit other websites employing our cookies. For information on our cookies policy please email email@example.com
- Third parties or publicly available sources.We will receive personal data about you from various third parties and public sources as set out below:
- Technical Data from the following parties:
- analytics providers such as Google based outside the EU; and
- Social media platform analytics such as Twitter, Instagram and LinkedIn
- Identity and Contact Data from publicly available sources such as Companies House and the Electoral Register based inside the EU.
We will only use your personal data when the law allows us to. Most commonly, we will use your personal data in the following circumstances:
- Where we need to perform the contractwe are about to enter into or have entered into with you (this is only relevant where our contract is with you as an individual, not when our contract is with your company or organisation).
- Where it is necessary for our legitimate interests(or those of a third party) and your interests and fundamental rights do not override those interests.
- Where we need to comply with a legal obligation.
Click here [LINK TO GLOSSARY: LAWFUL BASIS] To find out more about the types of lawful basis that we will rely on to process your personal datasee the section titled ‘Lawful Basis’ in the enclosed glossary.
Generally, we do not rely on consent as a legal basis for processing your personal data although we will get your consent before sending third party direct marketing communications to you via e-mail or text message. You have the right to withdraw consent to marketing at any time by contacting us.
Purposes for which we will use your personal data
We have set out below, in a table format, a description of all the ways we plan to use your personal data, and which of the legal bases we rely on to do so. We have also identified what our legitimate interests are where appropriate.
Note that we may process your personal data for more than one lawful ground depending on the specific purpose for which we are using your data. Please contact us if you need details about the specific legal ground we are relying on to process your personal data where more than one ground has been set out in the table below.
|Purpose/Activity||Type of data||Lawful basis for processing including basis of legitimate interest|
|To register your company or organisation as a new custom|